Mali Employer of Record & Payroll
Africa Deployments Mali offers our clients Employer of Record (EOR) services covering all of the regions within. We offer full-time employment or fixed terms contracts based on your requirements in Mali for locals or expatriates. ADS will take care of the work permit under our umbrella and will issue local work contracts to your contractors. We will also advise our client’s on best Human Resource (HR) practices when setting up the employee’s locally in Mali.
ADS takes care of the local tax & PAYE remittances to the Revenue Services on a monthly basis ensuring that they are fully compliant with the law. We will also ensure that their salaries are paid on time monthly and issue them with their pay slips.
WHAT INCOME IS TAXABLE in Mali:
Any income earned in the form of cash, wages, salary, overtime, leave pay or payment in lieu of leave, commissions, gratuity, bonus, or any amount that has benefited the employee. All income will be taxed in accordance with the law and the final payroll issued monthly.
WHAT TYPE OF LEAVE IS ALLOWED IN MALI:
- Annual leave – 22 days, full pay annually
- Public Holiday – 10 Public Holidays per annum as per government gazette.
- Sick leave – Must complete the first month of continuous service to be entitled. Sick pay will then be paid out for sickness or injury (must be proven by a qualified medical practitioner) for the first month at full pay. If during the second month of sickness the employee has not returned to work then the employer is entitled to terminate the contract of employment.
- Maternity leave – 14 weeks of unpaid maternity leave.
- Paternity leave – Immediately after delivery or miscarriage entitled to 3 working days leave from work.
CAN YOU GIVE FRINGE BENEFITS IN MALI:
Yes you can but keep in mind that Fringe Benefits will be subject to employee PAYE tax. Only benefits that cannot be converted to cash will not be subject to tax. If the employer covers some of the employees expenses i.e. mobile phone then it must be subject to PAYE tax and either the employer will cover this portion for the employee or the employee will bear the PAYE tax.
WHAT ARE THE EMPLOYER & EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTIONS IN MALI:
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF) – (Employer 19.9% & Employee 6.66%)
The Employee contributes 6.66% to the INPS.
WHAT DOUBLE TAX TREATIES ARE IN PLACE IN MALI:
- WAEMU (consisting of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo).
Get in touch with one of our consultants should you have any further questions regarding our Employer of Record solutions or only require a payroll solution in Mali.