Namibia Employer of Record & Payroll
Africa Deployments Namibia offers our clients Employer of Record (EOR) services covering all of the regions within. We offer full-time employment or fixed terms contracts based on your requirements in Namibia for locals or expatriates. ADS will take care of the work permit under our umbrella and will issue local work contracts to your contractors. We will also advise our client’s on best Human Resource (HR) practices when setting up the employee’s locally in Namibia.
ADS takes care of the local tax & PAYE remittances to the Revenue Services on a monthly basis ensuring that they are fully compliant with the law. We will also ensure that their salaries are paid on time monthly and issue them with their pay slips.
WHAT TYPE OF LEAVE IS ALLOWED:
- Annual leave – 24 days, full pay per year.
- Public Holiday- 12 Public Holidays per annum as per leave law of Namibia.
- Sick leave – employees are entitled to 30 days of annual sick leave or 36 if they work six-day weeks.
- Maternity leave – leave be at least 14 weeks of which a period of eight weeks compulsory leave should be after childbirth.
CAN YOU GIVE FRINGE BENEFITS:
Yes you can but keep in mind that Fringe Benefits will be subject to employee PAYE tax. Only benefits that cannot be converted to cash will not be subject to tax. If the employer covers some of the employees expenses i.e. mobile phone then it must be subject to PAYE tax and either the employer will cover this portion for the employee or the employee will bear the PAYE tax.
WHAT ARE THE EMPLOYER & EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTIONS:
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF) –employer and employee contributions of 0.9% of the basic salary, with a maximum contribution of NAD 81 per month each
- Workers Compensation Insurance / GPA – Under the Employees Compensation Act, employers are required to contribute to a fund that provides cash benefits for industrial injury, disability, and death.
IS THERE GRATUITY PAYMENTS FOR TERMINATION:
An employee is entitled to severance pay only after 12 months of continuous uninterrupted service. This severance pay is equivalent to one week’s remuneration for each year of service.
WHAT DOUBLE TAX TREATIES ARE IN PLACE:
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Get in touch with one of our consultants should you have any further questions regarding our Employer of Record solutions or only require a payroll solution in Namibia.